Sunday, July 08, 2012

Barney Frank married? What about the age difference?

Maybe I am weird...OK...many think I am weird but my first thought when I read that Barney Frank had married his longtime partner was, "I thought Barney Frank was dead." A bit more reading and I realized I was thinking of the wrong person completely. Then I thought about their age difference, Frank is 72 and his partner is 42. That can be a stretch for many but apparently, these two look happy and now Frank gets to be a real part of history...a first...the first Congressman to enter a same-sex marriage. OK...good for them both and congratulations. This is kind of a big deal and I'm sure many see it as one of the signs of the coming apocolypse. I think that's a bit over blown and a bigger worry may be how they deal with such a large age difference. Still, what matters to most people is the fact that they are both male.

My personal truth is, I have neglected this blog for very specific reasons. When I think of how different politically Missouri is from California is is very depressing. Tolerance is not a common feeling here and judgment runs rampant, especially about homosexuality. I think that's just sad. I am profoundly tired of hearing "God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve." So this marriage automatically becomes a first step towards impending doom. Maybe they are right, maybe they are wrong but my opinion is, it's not my problem so why worry?

No comments: