Saturday, July 22, 2006

Bush talk...


It seems our president suddenly realized that the NAACP exists...and people call the man slow. It only took him six years to finally answer an invitation. Then, as if no one was supposed to notice, he immediately begins sucking up. Here's a portion of the speech....

Thank you all very much. Thank you very much. Bruce, thanks for your introduction. Bruce is a polite guy, I thought what he was going to say, it's about time you showed up. And I'm glad I did. See, I see this as a moment of opportunity. I have come to celebrate the heroism of the civil rights movement, and the accomplishments of the NAACP.

Republicans are really sad when they come to us as a people only when they are in trouble. In a way, Democrats do this too but not to the extent. Democrats have a different cross to bear, that of complacency. They figure African Americans will always and naturally vote Democrat. That assumption can bite a Democrat in the butt if they aren't careful.

Even with the problems in the Democratic Party, I can't see much that would make me vote Republican. I look at Bush and ask myself, what has he done to help my life? Has he even considered that there are blacks in this country until this week? What has he done to show blacks that he cares about issue specific and special to us?

Many say Clinton did nothing while in office. I say those people weren't paying attention.

No comments: