Thursday, September 04, 2008

Back in the saddle again...

I originally created this blog to comment about politics and then my life kind of got in the way. Well, real life is still there and kind of mucking things up a bit but politics has gotten down right historical. Recent events...the Obama candidacy, the choice of Palin...have energized me to at least attempt to comment regularly about these people.

What an amazing time we are living in! Even if you hate Obama and love McCain...we have to admit this is an historic time.

To any that may stumble upon this blog, I make no apologies for being an Obama supporter...otherwise the blog title would be 'Red Girl in a Red State.' No! I'm a Democrat and proud to be so. There is -nothing- McCain/Palin could do or say that would get my vote and I'm not ashamed to say so.

Before I go off on a rant here...Palin doesn't believe in abortion, -even- in the case of rape or incest. I would ask her this if I could, if that woman has that child or rape or incest and doesn't wish to raise the child...what provisions do YOU have to make sure that now abandoned child has to grow up stable? People like her never have an answer for such questions. If I held her position on such an issue, I'd make sure that baby had FREE counseling and work to reform foster care so that the child at least has a chance.

Unlike Palin, I personally know a person who had a child produced by rape. The woman had that baby, loved it, cherished it and still...the child had problems as an adult and youth. It's easy to scream 'no abortions' but I prefer to say let the woman decide!

No comments: